Monday, February 11, 2013

Corn Smoothie and Other Tidbits

Friday night included another dip into the baby food making process.  Corn.  First of all - for any of you that know me corn is by far my favorite vegetable and pretty much the only one I eat (apparently you can't count Ketchup as a vegetable).  So I was happy to finally make it for Emma.
I just cooked the corn normally like it says on the package.  This was a bag of frozen Great Value corn ($.98!!).
Dumped the whole thing into the blender (water and all) and blended it to the liquify button and got this lovely yellow smoothie.  I might add that it smelled good too.
1 bag of corn made all this goodness for $.98!  So almost a savings of $13!  Penny pinching happiness for me.  I quickly made up the other bag (for some daycare supply) and called it a night.  Clean up and all it took probably 30 minutes.
And yes, Emma is smiling while she was eating the corn.  Mouth was wide open ready for more so I think she liked it.  If Tim didn't feed her fast enough (because he was trying to eat his own dinner) she would smack the top of the high chair demanding more.  Mixed it up with sweet potatoes too and she loved it.
Survey says:
Emma:  more, more, more!  She either really loves it, or just likes eating in general - toss up there.
Megan:  "Um, no thank you.  Can I have regular corn?"
Abigail:  "Smells good."
Tim:  "Tastes like corn."
Ann:  I love corn, but it definitely is a weird texture as a smoothie!

Unfortunately I will be out of town for Valentine's Day so I am working to get all the kids stuff in line and ready to go for Tim to handle on his own (first time ever with 3, keep your fingers crossed).  At Abigail's school you can actually still bring in homemade baked goods so she asked and I said yes - Valentine's Day molasses cookies - why not?  I can't take credit for helping with the decorating.  Abby and Megan did this with their babysitter last night while Tim and I had an early Valentine's Day date since I'll be out of town.  They did a great job, and yes, they have been sampled and taste very good.

And my Emma - 7 months already and growing so quickly!
  • Sits up and plays without any issues now.  Still will tumble over every now and then, but no crying now.
  • Crawling backwards, and will rock and act like she'll go forwards, but not yet.
  • Is starting to sleep on her stomach every now and then.  First kid that doesn't do that regularly as a baby.
  • 7 teeth (4 on the top and 3 on the bottom)
  • Chews everything!
  • Bites and pulls on clothes (sleeves)
  • Loves to pull hair - be ware!
  • Hates socks, will pull them off and chew them.
  • Still shoving her in some 6-9 month clothes, but is pretty much in 9-12 month
  • 20 pounds
  • Drinks water out of a sippy cup really well!
  • Is very mobile now and getting into her sisters things that they leave on the ground - future destruction near....
  • Smiles every time she sees Tim, still loves his beard
  • I have no beard, but she still grabs at my chin
  • Loves to be around her sisters and laughs at them all the time
  • Still takes 2 naps a day
  • Sleeps from 830-630 during the week - longer on weekends.
  • Still looks like Abby 2.0
It amazes me how quickly she grows and learns things.  Even though she is the 3rd, it's new every time.

No comments: