Monday, August 8, 2011

Okoboji Vacation

This past week the Powers family reunited in Okoboji, IA at The Inn. It has been a vacation spot for many years from when my grandparents and their relatives brought their kids down to my family going in the summers as well. Our last family reunion there was in 2004 - and as everyone noticed when we arrived....the place hasn't changed a bit!


This was the "Hub" of the family gatherings. Conveniently it is outside Tim and my room - good ole 304. We had a picnic table and a grassy area behind it great for all the camping chairs, washers, and kids running. Thankfully it was in the shade as well! What you are seeing is KFC night.


Most of the girl mini-cousins (L-R) - MacKenzie, Nora, Caroline, Abby, & Megan.



Saturday morning was the annual Powers Golf outing - conveniently at the Par 3 Course at The Inn. We had I think 6 threesomes golfing. Pictured is Christine, Brett, and Tim.


My extra "help" for golf. I rented a cart (worth every bit of the $8.95!!) so that I could take the kids with me. The younger kids stayed at the playground. They were very well behaved and we enjoyed "zooming" around the golf course.

Uncle Dan looking for his ball in the marsh....or is that the fairway?

Kate showing us how much she enjoyed golfing. From what I understand her better game was the day before with our round with Jessica and me.

Cousin photos again - hanging out in pajamas before bed.



Swinging after a rough round of golf.


Giving our hugs goodbye...Abby already wants to go to DC to visit the Green family - or go back to Okoboji if they will be there, whichever can come first. She recommended next weekend.

Even after the cousins left. We can still have fun squirting Uncle Pat with the squirt guns.

Family photo after the golf awards. However we are missing Erinn and Nora!! I have no idea how they did not get in the photo. Thanks to Kyle, our photographer for the weekend.

And since Blogger always seems to put one photo out of order here is my Uncle Jim and Aunt Beth and my Mom finishing up the 8th hole of the golf outing.


We had a really great time in Okoboji. The week went by so fast and I we didn't even make it to Arnold's Park! Maybe next time..... Between boating, golfing, swimming, lots of eating, and just hanging out with the family and stories, the time was up before we knew it. We missed our family that wasn't there though, so hopefully for the next gathering they will be able to make it. So look out 2013 for the next Powers family gathering!


No comments: