Monday, August 15, 2011

Odds and Ends

This past weekend was semi-relaxing. We went out on the boat on Saturday with Taunia, John, and Carmen and had a great time. The wind could have been a little less to keep the lake a little calmer but we still enjoyed some tubing and skiing. It is hard to keep the girls out of the tube now - and Abby likes to go faster now, Megan - not so fast.

We were also recovering from being on vacation so all the laundry, cleaning, and napping had to be caught up on. I did manage to finish a project that has been lingering for a while. My sister-in-law Colleen took some really great photos of the Powers farm almost a year ago. I had gotten some prints made and finally have them all up on the wall. I had some difficulties finding frames and I'm not sure I'm that happy with the 5x7 frames but I went with it.



So since I was putting some pictures up.....Abby felt the need to put some pictures up of hers as well.


She added her Coco Keys photo (and as always reminds me that Ashley has one too), a photo of Leann and I from a GBS formal that she likes to tote around, and her T-ball pictures.

Then this is a photo of her dinosaur fossil she made. Had to get a picture of that too.


Last but not least it's Megan with her fish. Tim was wanting to go fishing on Sunday (must not have given him enough things to do to stay busy!). Abby had no desire to go since I wasn't going due to some allergy issues - plus I was making deer jerky. Megan had been talking about fishing since Saturday. Tim said they caught about 12-15 fish, the one in the photo being one of the biggest. The fact that she is actually holding the fish is the big step. Last time we went fishing she just wanted to reel in the line then would run away from the fish. This time she was holding the line and handing Tim worms. Tim was very proud to say the least, and is ready for more fishing.



No comments: