Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Just for Laughs

I know I am by far a perfect parent, who really is anyway. We all just try to get by the best we can with as few time outs and melt downs as possible.

I had some quality time with the girls the last couple of days as the hubs was out of town. Apparently there are some Twinkle Toe shoes that are Mcd's kid toys currently - so we HAD to go get them so the girls could put them on their backpacks. Megan has not been eating her chicken nuggets lately (I know it's a shocker to most of you that have seen this kid eat). So Abby and I had finished our dinners and Megs could not have her toy until everything was gone. I continued the multitasking that is a mother's perk (aka laundry). Abby and I had a conversation that went like this:

Me: Abby, can you please tell Megan to finish her chicken mcnuggets so she can have her toy?
Abby: Sure (skips down the hall)
1 minute later....
Abby: EAT YOUR NUGGETS!!!!
Megan starts to cry......however all but 1/2 a nugget were eaten. Possibly out of fear or the Abby pep talk.


Later that night:
Abby: Mom - you are a good mom.
Me: Thank you Abby, I love you too.
Abby: But only with 2 kids.

And that is how we ended the night. Apparently I have my hands full with all that I can handle.


No comments: