Monday, June 15, 2009

DJ' Birthday Party

Just another weekend for the Schmidt Family - busy as usual. This weekend was our neighborhood garage sale. Our neighbors Barb & Frank were kind enough to put some of our "treasures" in their sale and we probably made $30. It's out of the house though so that makes me happy. However now I'm finding more things I wish I would have tried to sell. Maybe next time...

Saturday was DJ's 3rd birthday party. She goes to the same daycare as Abby and Megan so Saturday afternoon I trucked the girls out to Auxvasse for the sprinkler party.

Here is Abby splashing Nell and Claire.


DJ is in the t-shirt and she is adding to the fun. Thankfully the sun came out and warmed things up, however for as much as the girls were running around I doubt they could get cold.

They had a slip and slide as well. The girls didn't quite figure this one out. They wouldn't play on it when the water was running either. They still had fun either way.
Here's DJ blowing out her cupcakes. Her friend Carmen is next to her. Our babysitter attended the party as well so that is where Megan was. She snatched her up as soon as we got there, which helped me out a lot so I could play with the girls. Of course I didn't get any pictures of Megan, again...

Saturday evening was our neighborhood block party. Good food + good neighbors = Good Time.

Sunday was Tim and my 6th Wedding Anniversary if you can believe that. We didn't celebrate with much. Went to church and there was a couple celebrating their 40th anniversary and they renewed their vows during mass so that was kind of a nice thing for us. Tim got to go fishing, we took the kids to the park, and watched our wedding video with Abby. She was very good at pointing out all the people, but wanted to know where Megan and her were, and her friend Ashley since her Mom was in the wedding.

On a sad note. Alicia Weiman's son Ethan lost his battle with cancer on Friday. He was 4 years old and had been fighting neuroblastoma for the last 2 years. Alicia attended UMR with Tim and I and was a member of my sorority Gamma Beta Sigma. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Weiman family.

No comments: