Monday, December 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Theo!

This past weekend was our nephew Theo's 3rd birthday.  So we packed up the clan and headed to Collinsville.
Betsy made a Rice Krispie train cake for the first party.  Theo loves Thomas the Train - and anything on wheels really.  The first part of the party was at the YMCA and they rented out the gymnastic room for us to play in.
Note to other parents:  Yes the foam pit looks fun to jump in, but if you do, jump close to the side, IT WILL SUCK YOU IN!  Being the fun kid at heart that I am at times still I took a running leap into the middle of the foam pit.  30 minutes later (covered in sweat) I finally managed to get out - with BJ's help to pull me up out of the pit (there should really be a ladder).  Adults can not walk on foam like kids, we can awkwardly try to and make no progress quickly.  Kids 6 and under think it's hilarious to watch an adult try to get out of the foam pit.  At this point and time, exhausted adult stuck in foam pit can resolve to start throwing foam at other kids laughing - it won't hurt them, just your pride.  Moral of the story, jump in by the side.

However it was a great time and we followed it up with a family dinner at the Bovee residence.  Of course Abby was asking about gymnastic lessons.  She was pretty amazing on the high balance beam and uneven bars.  Who knew?  She definitely does not get any of that talent from Tim or I.

I haven't had an Emma photo for a while and this kid seems to be changing and growing daily so had to get one in there.  She also had her first high chair experience with us.  Thankfully my purse fits perfectly behind her to help take up the extra space.  She loved being at the table with us and enjoyed crinkling a wrapper.  She did try to steal Megan's dinner (which you can see in the picture) a couple of times.  If I had to guess, she's going to enjoy learning how to eat.




3 comments:

Jennifer Cowan said...

Thanks for the morning laugh.....I will avoid the pit at all costs! BUT at Ashley's last gym bday party I did a back flip on the trampoline. All the moms went crazy. I still have it in me :)

Jennifer Cowan said...

P.S. Emma is so darn cute!

The Schmidt Family said...

Tim conquered jumping off the trampoline to the main level and thought he was pretty cool. The helper guy did a back flip into the pit which was the highlight for the kids. The back flip had to be awesome - I would have applauded.