Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Weekend Projects

This past week along with the snow and canceled school we were plagued with a couple sick girls (not that you can tell from the below photos though) so we spent most of the weekend at home. So with that I started a couple new projects - you know, with all my free time :)

Here was my helper, who was a little too helpful so had to be put down with for a nap so I could get things actually done.


Project #1 - Abby thought Megan needed her own quilt so she would stop wanting her Grandma Papke quilt. Abby and I went to the quilt store and she picked out this pack of squares to make into a quilt (very simple sewing, which I loved). She also helped me pick out some fabrics for a couple other projects, but as I know my sister-in-law reads this I will not be posting any photos until after they receive them. But Abby was very helpful as usual, and can't wait to give Megan her quilt, which if you ask her "It's from me, but Mommy had to make it."

Here is the almost finished product. I still need to do the actual quilting and put the binding on. The binding will be the same green as the small stopping I put on around the squares. I thought it helped the colors pop a little bit. I'm pretty happy with how it looks - Abby says it has too many flowers. But it's a little crazy, and so is Megan sometimes.

Based on the expected weather we might be having another weekend at home, which is fine, we have plenty to do.

2 comments:

Jennifer Cowan said...

Look at you go! WOW I am way impressed. I want to quilt but I don't think I ever will.

We too are home this weekend, I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I am the sister in law that reads the blog, and I want my quilt(s) just like those love the colors and pattern, adorable. Maybe Abby should help with ourse too :)