Monday, January 24, 2011

Snow!

This past week I was in Atlanta - avoiding all the snow that Columbia was hammered with. With that also came some traveling complications - but if you know anything about my travel experiences in the past, it's just standard procedure for me.


Here's a picture out on the back deck - you actually probably need to add about 2 more inches of snow on top of that to round out the weekend.


On Saturday night I actually finished Megan's quilt (and washed it and it survived) so here is Abby giving the quilt to Megan - because it is from her - I was just the labor to put it all together. Megan has had it with her pretty much since then, it even had to come to church with us on Sunday. I am very happy with how it turned out. I am learning a couple tricks of the trade with the whole quilting bit, but still have a long ways to go. I have yet to even take on any of the hand quilting part (other than binding), I am more of a quilt by machine in straight lines type of quilter currently.


Here's a better view. I really love the colors and how the green boarder brings it all together.

This week we are at home and will hopefully have another weekend at home. Tim had to work this past Saturday and Megan has a mean cough that will hopefully go away and not be shared. If anyone has any ideas on ways to help with the cold, please email me! We tried some honey this morning and have already done the cool mist/vicks warm mist humidifiers as well.

1 comment:

Jennifer Cowan said...

Allison has the nasty cough too. We are just having her sleep on an incline. No advice here.