Monday, December 6, 2010

IL Deer Season, Part 2

For the 2nd IL deer season Tim took Abby up to Carrollton, IL so it was just Megan and I this past weekend and we packed it full! Friday night we went to the mall - a place I dread around this time, but it had to be done so we went, and conquered. I think Megan is a better shopper than I am. She's very content to browse clothes.

Saturday morning we have Breakfast with Santa Claus at Rockbridge High School. If you like a little "crazy" with your Saturday morning feel free to go next year - we won't be there! There were over 400 people.


We started off with our breakfast and coloring at the tables.


The big man himself shows up!



We started doing some crafts before getting in line, as recommended by the Elfs - little did we know....


Here's Megan with her bag for her crafts - we made a lot of ornaments. She was happy to just have a bag.

Here we are waiting in line and they have given the kids lists to make for Santa. You can see Megan is hard at work.


Biding our time while we are STILL waiting in line! It was somewhere between 45 minutes to 1 hour and we were even moved to a line that was a "short cut to Santa". I swear we were the last ones leaving the school almost. And if you know how my kids love Santa, here's how it went.


Here's Megan squirming and crying, she was in the sled for 30 seconds, we got some pictures and grabbed the candy cane and book and left. I had never been happier to leave.

Megan and I went back home and both needed naps! We ended the weekend with baking some cookies and some "Christmas Activities" which is all I can say without giving away are present surprises. We're actually getting crafty!

This weekend is my girl weekend with the Carrie/Carey's and Theo's 1st birthday party. Never a dull moment for us.


Also - our thoughts go out to the Gordon family in IC. They lost their father in a car accident. Tim, Erin, and Katy ~ we are thinking of you.

No comments: