Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Buddy ~ 2001-2010

Buddy Schmidt
September 1st, 2001 - December 10th, 2010

It is with a heavy heart that I have to report that we put our dog Buddy down this past Friday. Right before Thanksgiving we found out that he had cancer. We tried strong doses of prednisone to shrink his tumors however it did not work. Prior to the 10th he had not eaten or drank for about 3 days and the tumors were affecting his back legs and mobility - so very much not the dog we have known and loved for the last 9 years. So Tim and I made the very difficult decision on Thursday night that it was time. We were both with him on Friday and he went quickly and painlessly. Although it is still difficult to think about him, we know he is better off.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and calls and happy hunting stories. We are grateful that so many people loved him as much as we did.



We miss you big guy!

2 comments:

Jennifer Cowan said...

Buddy will always have a special place in my heart.

I have lots of memories of Buddy. I was lucky to be there from the beginning when he was a cute puppy with the funny eyes, right till the very end where my dog Trinity would beg for some Buddy lovin.

Guinness and Buddy are in heaven together swimming and hunting their little hearts out.

Love you guys!

Jess DeBlois said...

I am so sad!! I don't think I have gotten on the blog for months and I'm so bummed and sorry to hear about Buddy! He and Caden were like 2 freaking peas in a pod. And we lost our little Caden to cancer, too. Prostate cancer that affected his back legs eventually- so hard to watch. I'm so sad for you guys, I know its rough b/c you have so many memories with that little guy. Sending you canine sympathies:(