Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Photos and Fond Memories

I can't really take any credit on the idea of the photos to post of my Grandma as it is my sister-in-law's idea, but I had the chance to look through old photos of Grandma Powers (mostly with my kids) and here are a couple going back to when Abby was a baby (and our digital camera purchase). I know there are many more out there and Colleen will find a great one to put on their blog. She writes about her experience getting welcomed into the Powers/Papke family. I'm sure Tim has some good memories too that I'll have to bug him about later. He was welcomed in quite easily as he was one of the better boyfriends I had brought home and he hunted and fished. He always stepped up to BBQ, plant, eat, or move anything that Grandma asked.

One of our trips to see Grandma - Abby was about 5 months old in this photo.





Joe & Erinn's wedding and Grandma talking with the Langenfeld's

Grandma Powers with her great-grandchildren at the time Caroline & Abby.

This was Tony & Colleen's wedding (sorry for the darkness) but it was our family photo attempt. Grandma is in the middle with Tony.

Thanksgiving 2008 in Delmar with her kids.

Thanksgiving 2008 - Ellis was just barely 2 weeks old.



Grandma meeting Megan for the first time, of course with Abby not cooperating.

Making applesauce in Delmar - Grandma was still showing us how it was done.

Playing with Megan - I believe this was August 2009

Getting the corn ready to grill for dinner.


Grandma with Megan



All the girls on the Applesauce weekend.

Christmas 2009 - Colleen, Megan, & Grandma

The Papke kids and grandchildren with Grandma.

Grandma with her kids on Christmas Day 2009.

No comments: