Monday, May 10, 2010

Bridal Bridal Baby Shower

This weekend we headed up to Carrollton, IL for a Bridal/Bridal/Baby Shower. Lots of presents! I'm surprised Abby and Megan did as well as they did with all the tissue paper.


Just a little photo of Megan giving Theo her head butt of love. She would get down and look right in to his eyes. She was very interested in him all afternoon.

A little photography by Abby. This is her cousin Bria who is hopefully not blinded from all the flashes.

Here's a little shot of the present opening set up. It all went very quickly and Abby definitely maxed out her cupcake intake limits.

We have also been working on Megan using utensils. Sometimes it goes better, and sometimes not so much.

As you can see, she is shoveling with one hand and spoon in the other. It's a process :)


This weekend we are actually staying home. We have plenty to do as we have been gone the last couple of weekends to catch up on. Plus with the lovely rainy weather all week we'll have to catch up on the outside work as well. Tim is already worried about when he'll get to mow.

I hope all mothers had a wonderful Mother's Day. One of my best moments from Sunday:

Abby: Mommy, why do you have a blanket on?
Ann: Because I'm cold.
Abby: Do you have your slippers on?
Ann: No, my feet are just under the blanket.
Abby goes and gets my slippers from my bedroom.
Abby: Here Mommy, put your feet in here so they won't be cold.

That made me smile and was a wonderful way to end the evening. It's the smallest things that make the biggest impacts.

Also, CONGRATULATIONS to the Kolk Family. Joe and Erinn had a baby girl; Nora Kay Kolk. 7 lbs 11 oz. I am hoping some photos and more details are on the way. That probably was the best Mother's Day present of all.

No comments: