Monday, August 24, 2009

OCCI Company Picnic

This weekend was actually spent in Columbia!! The college students are coming back in to town so we spent most of the weekend close to home other than one outing to Tim's company picnic. It is probably the most kid friendly company picnic I have ever seen, plus they have great food!
Abby had been talking about this for most of the day because she knew there was going to be bounce houses.

Here she is jumping away. Most people are eating but her agenda was to play the whole time.
Here Abby is jumping "super high". Everything is "super" something with her lately.


They also rented a small carnival ride. I rode this once with Abby but then she said she could do it by herself so I just let her ride. I think she probably rode it at least 9 times. You can see the top of her head on the #1 seat.

Having a good time - and yes she is buckled in. It was a nice battle to get her off the ride.

They had a firehouse ladder/slide bounce as well. I think you are suppose to slide down the slide but Abby saw the bigger kids bounce down the slide so that is what she did as well. That resulted in some somersaults and other uncoordinated moves but she loved every minute of it.

A little basketball game as well. She couldn't throw the ball far enough so we let her cheat and try some slam dunks.
And of course her greatest prize of the whole event was her tinkerbell tattoo. This is Monday's photo so it's a little worn off since Saturday where it looked a little sharper. She was pretty proud of it.

This weekend is our 2nd annual float trip for the year. Our college group of friends always floats the Current River the weekend after Memorial Day and the weekend before Labor Day. So we will be heading back down to the Rolla area to camp and float. Tim and I haven't floated for a year and the last trip we dumped over before going 20 ft. in the canoe. However this time I am finally not pregnant on a float trip so I'll have a little more balance and be able to enjoy myself a little bit more. I doubt there will be many photos of the weekend. Grandma and Grandpa Schmidt will be coming in to town to watch the girls.

Plus our Megan is now 6 months old. Her appointment is on Friday so I'll have some photos and her stats updates as well. I expect her to be off the charts as usual, but we'll see, maybe she'll surprise me.

No comments: