Sunday, April 26, 2009

2 Months & First Cubs game

Megan is now 2 months old and is sleeping through the night. Tim and I are both thankful for that, me more than him I think :) She has also started smiling but I haven't been able to get the best picture of it. Below is as close as I have gotten. My camera isn't fast enough.
But her smiles are precious, she definitely knows Tim's, Abby's, and my voice and will react to it. She had her 2 month appointment and was 12 lbs 2 oz (90%), 23 inches (75%), and her head was 15-1/2 in. (75%). Since Abby was never on the charts it's a new thing for us that Megan is. She doesn't seem that much smaller but I guess she is.

Another attempt at a smiling baby.


Our newest form of cheap outside entertainment. Abby loves her bubbles and we got tired of blowing them, so this lovely machine provides all the fun now.

A little sisterly love before bedtime.


Yes we know they are cute.

After church, Megan wasn't so happy.

This past Friday I was lucky enough to get Tim's work's baseball tickets for the Cardinals vs. Cubs game. Tim had to take the P.E. exam that day and had a date with a bar that evening so I packed up the girls for St. Louis - of course in Cubs gear. Abby didn't go to the game, she spent the evening with her buddy Ashley and her Grandma. Apparently when they went out the eat they got a lot of stares at the kid with the Cubs outfit.
And last but not least, here is Megan with Jenn and Wendy at her first Cubs game. I'm of course in Cubs gear as well. Too bad we didn't get a picture of me with both girls, but there will be two more St. Louis series for that. Megan did great during the whole game. She would get startled when there was loud clapping but other than that just took in the scenery. She stayed up for the whole game and fell asleep on the walk back to the truck. Unfortunately the Cubs lost 4-3, but it was a good game to watch.

Only 3 more weeks of maternity leave left for me and then I'll be back at work. Time has flown by!

No comments: