Monday, December 5, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas...

This past weekend commenced the beginning of dragging all the Christmas decorations upstairs - can you tell how excited I was, since I'm the one who has to do the dragging.
It is one of my favorite times of the year though and the fact that my kids love it just as much makes it all the better.

A new addition to our decorating this year was for the girls to have their own tree in their room to decorate with their ornaments. Really we have too many ornaments for our other tree and this was an idea to make more room - and give them something fun to do.

So I purchased the tree after last Christmas - and I know it's a little Charlie Brown looking - but once it was dressed it looked great. We headed to Home Depot to buy the lights, tree topper, garland, and tree skirt. The girls picked out everything on their own - and everything I saved for getting a tree on clearance last year was wiped out - but they love it.


They each put on their own ornaments - Abby even shared since she has about twice as many as Megan.



And then the finishing touches - which includes rearranging the ornaments everyday and clustering random things under the tree for "decorations", like stuff animals, a pretend curling iron and hair dryer, you know, "decorations".

Ahhhh Christmas, got to love it.

1 comment:

Jess DeBlois said...

That is such a cute idea!! And I love the rearranging of ornaments and other "decorations". The curling iron thing I love...we just put our tree up tonight so I'm anxious to see how many matchbox cars and Goldfish I'm going to find after the holidays:) Hope you guys are well!! We will definitely make a trip down to IC to visit the whole clan at some point. Merry Christmas!!