Monday, December 7, 2009

My Little Helpers

This weekend was the second IL deer season so Tim headed up to Carrollton Friday morning and the girls and I had a weekend to ourselves. Instead of keeping it low key and simple I decided to get a couple Christmas traditions done.

Friday after work I conveniently went grocery shopping before picking up the girls from daycare so that I could mix up some of Grandma Papke's molasses cookies. So I had some help putting away groceries as you will see.

Megan has discovered the pantry, she loves everything she can get her hands on.

Helping unload the dishwasher, she enjoys pushing the bottom rack in and out.

Helping put away groceries again.

Abby informing her not to touch her milk, it's not for babies.

Abby in another outfit change. She had a wedding dress on before and now this is a dance outfit that is actually on backwards. Tim's Aunt Debbie cleaned out her daughters old dress up clothes and Abby benefited from the cleaning. She loves all the outfits - thank you Debbie!


On Saturday during Megan's nap I thought it would be a good idea to try to make the molasses cookies. Last year Abby enjoyed helping and it is a Papke tradition, plus making cookies with Abby is a good reason to clean you kitchen afterward. This is the BEFORE picture, all clean and happy, ready to go.

This is the AFTER photo. Abby wasn't willing to pose for me so it's just a side shot - notice all the flour on the floor. My jeans and shoes were covered as well, in the photo she is actually making a flour castle - or so she said.

She was required to de-clothe before leaving the kitchen - you can see why. It was a mess, but I wouldn't have it any other way. She says these Grandma cookies are the best and is probably just as bad as my Dad was with eating the dough.

One more outfit change to wrap up the day.

Unfortunately Tim did not shoot a deer this season and came home early to help on Sunday as Abby was sick from 1-5 AM and Megan got up around 6. Don't I have a thoughtful husband :) Hopefully he'll find a deer in MO.

Tonight is the Christmas tree - we'll see if that happens tonight or tomorrow. It will get done this week though.

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Looks like you have the same kind of helper we do! Lane loves anything in the kitchen...dishwaster, pantry and fridge...not to mention all the kitchen cabinets. I like the way Abby really gets into her cooking!